The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet." SK

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

You've always been there for me

You've always been there for me. Thank you.

Those eight words don't look like much, but I can't tell you how much they mean to me. I have waited years and years and years to hear them. They finally came. I cannot begin to tell you what all I have done to earn those words--you'd probably gasp at the thought if I did. However, that's not the point. The point is that those eight little words finally mean that maybe he gets it. Maybe, just maybe, he finally sees.

When was the last time you said those words? Do the people who are always there for you know that YOU know? Sometimes these words can be hard to say. They can be hard to type. They can be hard to write. But, they do need to be said. They just do. I can just about guarantee you that you probably don't know just how much it means to someone else to hear you say them--maybe you do.

I try to use them often. Sometimes I fail.

This week. I heard them. I finally heard them and those eight words have never sounded so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment