The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet." SK

Monday, October 31, 2011

Do you pray for them?

Today I spent the day with my niece. We made cookies, cupcakes, rice crispies treats, and brownies. After all was said and done, we delivered some goodies to a few of my neighbors. First, we went to Pete's house. We chatted for a few minutes, and as we were walking away from the house, my niece grabbed my hand and said "Aunt Jaron, do you ever pray for Pete?" I will be honest, I was taken a bit off guard by her question. Honestly, I don't know if I ever have. I do know that what she said really hit me.

Who do I pray for? What am I doing? I've been in a bit of a rough spot recently. I can't even begin to explain it, and I really don't want to. I know what is going on and really, only I can deal. But, Kaydence's question made me wonder what I should be doing. Perhaps right this second I'm supposed to put all of my troubles aside and pray for other people. Perhaps others are in the same spot I am. Perhaps they need me. I know that right this minute there are things I need and maybe, just maybe, God was speaking through my five year old niece to say "Jaron, do you pray for them?" because maybe others need prayer. Maybe someone else is praying for me, or maybe it was God saying "Jaron, you are not alone in your troubles. Do you pray for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment