The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet." SK

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Own Reality Check

Ok, so I have been under a little (lot of) stress recently. For a day or two I let that get to me. Today I gave myself the proverbial shake. I did not, will not, let today get to me. I realized that bad stuff happens. Good stuff happens. It's biblical. Floods, famine, fortune. It's all in there.

Really, though, it is about perspective. Would you appreciate all of the good things that happen to you if you didn't have the bad to compare it to? I know I wouldn't. I appreciate the bad times. Don't misinterpret that. I don't like that bad stuff. Sometimes I don't even understand the bad stuff. However, I have learned that "this too shall pass," and what was supposed to happen will happen. That has been promised.

Here's the reality check. Bad things have happened for thousands of years. They will continue to happen. But, good things happen too. It ebbs and flows just like the tide. However, how you react says a lot about who you are. How will you react to the difficulties you face? Are you going to accept them? Learn from them? Run from them? Throw a pity party?

Today I made a choice. I chose to accept the difficulties I am given, knowing full well that there is something I was meant to learn. I accept the difficulties knowing, that in the end, with a little faith, I will end up exactly where I am supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. I really do. I think about things like this ALL the time and it's a comfort and a relief to know that other people think about them too. Acceptance is really the only way to go about difficulties, I've found, so I hope that it all works out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete