The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet." SK

Saturday, May 21, 2011

*Sniffle*

In a few weeks my niece will graduate from high school. I have been trying to prepare myself for this because I know I am going to cry. A lot. I didn't really cry when Kian graduated. I always knew that he was too big for this place. He needed to have his grand adventures and that he would do great things. He is well on his way! However, I have always been very close to Kelcey. This in NO way, shape, nor form means that I don't love each of my nieces and nephews equally. It just means that Kelcey is the glue.

Before I go any further, perhaps I should explain something in case not everyone who reads this blog understands. I am very, very, very, close to my nieces and nephews. For some people that's strange. I am not really close to my aunts and uncles, so I get that. However, for me it's what I want. I want them to know that they mean the world to me. I want them to know that they can come to me. I've been there for the basketball games, and the soccer games, and the choir programs, the first dates, the proms, etc. You name, it, I've been there. So much so, that I get presents on Mother's Day :)

Back to my point. I asked Kelcey the other day what she would like to have for graduation. At first she couldn't come up with anything  because of course everything costs money (she is the biggest tight wad I have ever met!). Finally she decided on a Kindle (or some kind of e-reader). Perfect. I LOVE this idea! I do some research. Make a decision. Then, today my sister calls me and tells me that Kelcey doesn't have a camera and that she has been talking about wanting one like Kim and I have (we both carry them in our purses at all times). That's cool, my sister's giving me some options. I like this. However, I was thinking about which Kelc would use more. I couldn't really decide.

*Epiphany*

Tonight I was driving and it hit me. Literally. Like a lightening bolt . . .

I take pictures of EVERYTHING.

Kelcey has been a part of some of the greatest memories of my life. Now, she is getting ready to start the next chapter of her life, one of her greatest journies. Now she needs to capture the moments and the memories that SHE will never forget. I will help her do that.

And that's when the tears came.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what your budget is...but doesn't the new ipad offer ereader capabilities AND take pictures?

    ReplyDelete