The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet." SK

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dear Diary

I was recently reading TIME and I came across an article about the 50 best iphone apps. I already had quite a few of them. I mean really, who doesn't already have Angry Birds, IMDb, and Scrabble? But I did find one that I didn't have and seemed to be right up my alley in this whole do the things you want to do thing. So, I thought I would try it out. It's called Lose It! It's an electronic food diary that is SUPER easy to use. It starts by asking you the normal questions like: height, weight, age, where you want to be by when, etc. It gives you the amount of calories you are allowed in one day based on the information provided, then each day you plug in any exercise you have done, and what you ate. It has lists of supermarket brand foods, restaurant foods, and foods you would make at home and all you have to do is plug what you ate right in. It is really easy to do. But, I have learned a few things already by doing so:
1. 1,400 calories don't go very far.
2. An apple=a Rice Krispies treat, but a Rice Krispies treat tastes WAY better.
3. 3/4 a cup of Special K (which I love) is really NOT a lot.
4. It is a darn good thing I joined a gym so that I can work off all of the calories I go over each day, because according to my diary if I exercise I can eat more (at least that how I'm interpreting it).
5. Maybe I can just buy bigger pants ;)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of tiny portions. Glad you could join me. Does this mean you won't tease me for my eating anymore? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...you were reading TIME?! Get out! :D

    ReplyDelete